Owl Image

When you have high BP ?

does it mean you have nose bleeds all the time or does it mean you have it like once a month
Wed, 16 Dec 2009
It is worldwide agreed ( the WHO makes up te values here, and they are taken over all over the world) that we speak of high BP when the systolic value is above 150 mm Hg, and the diastolic value is above 90 mm Hg. So these are the upper limits. High BP CAN but does not absolutely cause nose bleeds, certainly not when the systolic BP is below 180. Nose bleeds are seldom caused by HBP, but more often caused by other factors, like infections, superficial vessels that are fragile, minor traumata like peeling your nose). Most people don't even know they have high BP, untill they get complaints of headaches, being tired, bad sight etc. There is plenty of good medication these days to help people with high BP. The doc will make a choice out of different classes of medication, depending on the current scientific progress, and depending on the patient (age, diabetes, heart rate, other concomittent diseases). Sometimes he combines medication from more classes, certainly when seems that one kind of medication is not sufficient to get the BP well. Suppose you have HBP, and you take medication, than you should get no nosebleeds at all from that HBP, or you're not under controle (meaning the therapy is not good enough, or not sufficient). You ought to see your doc back then.