Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

When will you be classified as having heart attack ?

i got chest pain, difficulty in breathing, pain in back, shoulder, stomach, arm few days ago. but now they are gone (i feel kinda normal now).... if i go to hospital, will they be able to detect my heart attack? i mean... they were there, but it has been gone.... i feel very normal now although it was just painful few days ago. should i wait for my next attack? i mean... all the symthoms are gone now. if i go there, will they detect anything?
Asked On : Fri, 18 Dec 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  258
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
Yes, if you had one. Cardiac enzyme levels can detect damage to the heart muscle. Also, changes in your EKG will show that something has happened. You need to get your butt to a hospital ASAP. The symptoms may be gone but you are not doing yourself any good. If you did have a heart attack, they would be able to tell. You are endangering your health and your life by not being checked out. DO you have any idea how many people die from ignoring signs of a heart attack?? GO NOW.
Answered: Fri, 18 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor