When should the treatment for chlamydia be started after a possible exposure?

I had protected sex 4 days ago and 2 days later i was informed my partner had tested positive for chlamydia, i have purchased treatment from a pharmacy and i am wondering how long do I need to wait to begin treatment, will it be non effective if i begin the treatment before symptoms appear after 2-3 weeks or can i start straight away Thank u
Thu, 30 Aug 2018

You can start the antibiotic treatment right away to prevent infection. You do not have to wait for the symptoms to develop. Since your partner have been diagnosed with chlamydia, it would also be best to get tested for other sexually transmitted infections too. Please be advised to follow up with your primary provider for necessary evaluation.

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.