Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

When should one take pregnancy test after implantation bleeding ?

Hi Dr if implantation bleed happen 5 days befor period when can I do preg test as still got negative day after period was due to come and been told it could take up to a wk to show up positive
Asked On : Mon, 4 Jul 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  88
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
hi,thanks for query.Normally the test kit available today are quite sensitive and you can go for test after about 1-2 days of missed period.At times when conception is late it is advisable to test after 5-7 days.
wishing you good health.
Answered: Mon, 4 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale's  Response

Usually urine pregnancy test should be done one wk.after missed period.however blood (serrum) pregnancy test is more accurate& can be done 7 to 10 days after probable date of conception.(i.e. even before expected period.)
Answered: Mon, 4 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor