When should Spironolactone be taken while on Vyvanse?

Hi, I have recently started taking spironolactone for adult acne. I started at 50 mg once daily in the morning, but now am at 50 mg 2X daily, morning and night. I also take vyvanse daily for my ADHD. I have noticed a decrease of effectiveness of my vyvanse since starting Spiro, and after some research discovered that it was due to the diuretic effect of Spiro. I have to take my vyvanse in the morning, so I was wondering if there was a time i could take spiro to get optimal results without interacting with my other medication? Thank you.
Tue, 19 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Spironolactone and in general diuretics should be taken in the morning for better results of the medication.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.