When should I be concerned about my child s head injury?

My 8 year old daughter fell from the top bunk into her brother and hit her head on his leaving an indention in her forehead above her left eye She does not show any signs of sleeplessness or vomiting. I put ice to the site Do I need to take her to the Dr?
Mon, 9 Sep 2019

If a similar patient comes to my OPD, I would first inquire about a history of loss of consciousness and vomiting. as you tell she was fine, I hope there is nothing to worry. Just make sure that her daily activities is normal and she is playful.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Jilu Joseph, General & Family Physician