Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

When laying flat on back I can feel a long hard mass.

When laying flat on back I can feel a long hard mass about h i m seventeen and i noticed this yesterday while sitting in class. A small area where my rib cage is began to pulse. When i mean pulse, the first thing i noticed was how strong it was. no other area is doing it, that s why I am confused as to if it would be my heart beat. Since yesterday, it has not stopped. The pulse can be very very quick, like one after another and then stop completely and maybe pulse once on only 5 seconds. When I put my hand to it, it pushes my hand up. please help with some information! thankyou!
Asked On : Wed, 2 Feb 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  280
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for query,
Nothing to worry.
Many a time when your chest is thin and lean you may visualize and feel your heart rate transmitting through chest.
if you have any problem like chest pain,breathlesness then consult your doctor.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Wed, 17 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor