Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
139 Doctors are Online

When is the right time to have sex after period?

when is the right time to have sex after my period and b4 the period
Asked On : Fri, 1 Apr 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  133
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello, welcome to HCM. You need to specify what do you mean by right time. You must avoid having sex when flow is there as it increses the chances of transmission of UTI and STD's. And in case you are looking to avoid getting pregnant than its safest to do 7 days before and 7 days after start of periods. Wish you good health.
Answered: Thu, 28 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
OBGYN Dr. Rakhi Tayal's  Response
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic forum.
What do you mean by the right time? Are you asking about the safe period or are you eager to conceive. Ovulation occurs 14 days before your next expected period date. To conceive, it is best to have sex daily fro day 9 to day 19 of your periods.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
Answered: Sat, 2 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor