When is the ideal time to have intercourse ?

Which time is more safe to have sex,the first seven days after my period or the last seven days before the next period?
Mon, 16 Jan 2012
Medical Topics ,  

Welcome to HCM.
Both are safe periods, but more reliable is the last 7 days before the next period, since ovulation has already occurred and the ovum is already in the uterine cavity, where it cannot be fertilized. Fertilization occurs in the Fallopian tube and the fertilized egg then travels to the uterus and gets embedded there.
All this is true for regular period. In case of irregular period one cannot be certain that she will get the period immediately after 7 days.