When is the exact time to do a pregnancy test ?

when is the exact time to do a pregnancy test ,i mean after how many days can a pregnancy home test kit which detects HCG can give accurate result???
Fri, 13 May 2011
Medical Topics ,  
hi
welcome to health care magic
as far as primary urine pregnancy test is concern, you can do it after 6 eeks of last menstrual period
if it comes positive, get the sonography done after 8 weeks to confirm cardiac activity and pole development, then you can say the confirmation of pregnancy

best wishes
General Surgeon Dr. Swapnendu Sekhar Ghosh's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic
itis better to do the test once you missed a period or few days after youmiis the voeriod
General & Family Physician Dr. Mohammed Tauseef's  Response
Hi, Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.
When was your LMP? The ideal time to test for Pregnancy is to check it one week after you miss your Expected Period date. You should be using a Early morning Urine sample, I mean first Urine sample of the day for testing of Pregnancy status. If it is Positive, you should be seeing a Gynecologist and get a Ultrasound scan done to confirm it. If it turns out negative and you have not yet got your Periods, you can repeat the test after another week.

All the Very Best, Take Care.