Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

140 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

When i will get the correct pregnancy result after having sex?

i have done sex,after several hour i do paragnancy test by stick in home and result was negative.plz tell me m i paragnet or not i have done sex,and after 7 hour i do pagrancy test by the way of rapid test stick.and result show negative.but i m not sure, now i m paragnet or not.i m feel pain in my virgena.
Mon, 9 May 2011
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic
it is not clear whether you are eagerly waiting for a +ve test. the test to be +ve you will have to wait for few days to allow conception to occur and produce enough hormones to make the test +ve ,may be before you miss the period

if you do not want pregnancy to occur you take i pill immediately
consult your gynecologist

I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. Suryakanta Baraha's  Response
hormone hCG may be detected in urine about 2 weeks after conception (when the egg is fertilized by sperm). It is generally recommended to do the pregnancy test on the first day of the missing period or any day after that. If you do the test before the expected date of the periods, the result might not be 100 percent correct, since the level of hCG in the urine might not be significant enough to affect the test result.
You can improve your chances for an accurate result by using your first morning urine for the test. This urine has accumulated in your bladder overnight. If you are pregnant, it will have more hCG in it than urine collected later in the day.

If you test too early (before the first day of your missed period), you may get a false negative result because not enough of the hormone has built up in your system. If the test comes back negative but you still suspect you're pregnant, wait a few days, read the directions carefully, and try again. if your test is positive then consult a gynecologist. take care
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hi I have come off the pill after been on it for 5 years been on several kinds. I have been off now for 3/4 months, my periods are funny i was due on on a monday didnt come on till the friday only lasted 3 days then this month due on on monday didnt come on for 2 weeks, thought i was pregnant as was having all symptons, sore boobs bach ache belly cramps which are also signs of period... Confused im not in a rush to get pregnant but iv come off the pill to fall pregnant? how come iv been having unprotected sex, no pill??.. is they a problem because people say if your having periods it means your ovulating again??

doctor1 MD

I had unprotected sex november 29 right after my girl friend finished her period. When we were having sex i pulled out the first sign of a sensation i was going to *** . When i pulled out the first time i moved away from her and about 25 seconds later i began to to pre *** on the floor i went in to the rest room and cleaned my self off then i went back and had sex with her and as followed i pulled out walked away and i came on the floor.the days after i began to get paranoid so i asked her to take a pregnancy test she took the test on October 10 and it came out negative . But i still in my mind think shes still think she can get pregnant or is going too. Do i have something to worry about ? or am i over thinking too much?could she be pregnant? iknow the test said negative but for some reason im still paranoid.

doctor1 MD

my girlfriend had an abortion october 2013 after an abortion she experienced non stop bleeding til todayshe menstruate and some time feeling like its getting over and it starts again. early 2014 bleeding stoped and we had uprotected but when i was about to ejaculate i withrew and discharge aside, i was very sure it happened effectivery. after that sex close to three months has passed and she is saing she is experiencing some strange symptoms like of pregnancy. i.e feeling tiresome oftenly, feiling like to vomit, some sour test in her mouth. can this be pregnant?

Recent questions on  Pregnancy

doctor1 MD

Hi i m 36 and 33 weeks pregnant i ve been really well though the pregnancy but yesterday while out i had 6 dizzy spells, one of witch was like everything was going 90 miles ph. Went to hospital to be checked and everything seemed fine apart from the fact that my urine had ketones in. Haven t had results for all blood taken yet either but wondering about the ketones?

doctor1 MD

hi, my name is alizeh and im 21 years old! im married with one kid.. during my pregnancy i suffered from alopecia... it started from a patch and then resulted in complete baldness, this was a year and a half back now my hair is grown back but a few days back i saw a small patch with little hair growing on it at the back of my head. there is one more patch same as this one onthe side of my head! during pregnancy i didn't take any medications, i would also like to knw if smoking can affect alopecia in any way, im nota chain smoker..i smoke about 5 or maybe 6 ciggs a day! can u plz help me! thank you.

doctor1 MD

Good evening, my wife is 42 years old and is entering her 29th week of pregnancy. Her urine culture shows development of Klebsiella SPP of 500,000. This after a urine test on the 3rd of May when it was 300,000 AND after 6 days on Augmentin min dosaggio.

doctor1 MD


i have uterine fibroids that never bothered me until during and after my last pregnancy. Now my stomach grows so big at times from being bloated i look like im 6 months pregnant. I am also belching a lot and have mild stomach cramps every so often. Sometimes I may experience mild headaches and/or lightheadedness

doctor1 MD

My baby is 3 1/2 months old. A week back we noticed small strands / spots of blood in her stool. There was mucous as well. She was passing stool 6-7 times a day and 4-5 times were watery. She did not pass blood in all the stool but only 2-3 times....

doctor1 MD

Do I need a pre check up before trying for a baby? Do I need to take Folic Acids from now itself? Can this be taken without visiting the doctor? If so in what amounts should I take? My Height is 153 cm and Weight 65 kg, need to know if it is safe...