Whats the significance of bone marrow transplant for Myeldyphasia?

Hi, My mother was diagnosed with Myelodysphasia. I know that this disease is the cause of the bone marrow not functioning correctly, But I don t understand it completely, any info you can share would be great. She will begin chemo tonite. She will continue chemo for 5 days in a row, 25 days off and will continue this for3 months. do you know the success rate with this procedure. Is doing chemo first a common thing before considering a bone marrow transplant ?
Thu, 24 Nov 2016
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist 's  Response
success rate is 30-40. % and yes it is considered first before bone marrow transplant

Hope you got your answer
Good Luck