Whats the difference between a heart murmer and a arrhythmia ?

or are they the same thing? they said i have a sinus arrhythmia? whats that?
Sat, 27 Aug 2011
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
's  Response
an arrythmia is an irregular heart rythym, sinus arrythmia is benign typically, you have some premature beats either atrial{the top of your heart) called PAC's or Ventricular (bottom) called PVC's you may feeling some skipped beats, but typically there is no treatment for these, avoid caffine and stimulants that can help. A heart murmur is caused by one of the four valves in the heart when they are either stenotic(stiff) or regurgitating (allowing blood to spill backwards) a murmur can also be caused by a hole in the heart called PFO(patent foramen ovale or atrial septal defect, this hole is the one that is supossed to close at birth and sometimes does not causing back flow of blood. all these causes of mumurs would show up on an Echocardiogram(ultasound of the heart)
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for query,
Murmur indicates there is some valve problem,defect in valve,causing leaking,blocking.
Arrhythmia shows some problem in SA node.
Sinus arrhythmia is normal condition.
Ok and bye.