Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Whats the best way to lower down the blood sugar of a 2 year old girl ?

whats the best way to lower down the 400 blood sugar for 2 year old baby My niece is 2 years old and 3 months and she s in ICU because of her 400 blood sugar. What s the best way to lower down the blood sugar?
Asked On : Mon, 30 May 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  90
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
First of all there is nothing much what you can do to lower her blood sugar, its only the physicians in the ICU who are capable enough to treat this. The level of her blood sugar is quite high, however the source of the level of the blood sugar has to be first determined whether this is related to insulin deficiency due to some malfunction in the pancreas function or due to some underlying infection etc. Based on this, the treatment will be started which either can be insulin based or to treat the underlying cause. Regards.
Answered: Mon, 30 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor