Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Whats the best treatment and remedy for child convulsion ?

Hi, Whats the best treatment and remedy for child convulsion. What s your best advise for treating the 39 degrees by giving Voltarine 12.5 and the temperature of 39 is coming back for almost 3 days. Regards, Rasol
Asked On : Sun, 19 Dec 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  170
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Nephrologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query Rasol

Voltarine is diclofenac and it is not a very good drug to treat temperature, if ur chold can swallow then u can give paracetamol oral tablets, paracetamol also comes as rectal suppository which is even better,
I cannot tell u the dosage forms as i dont know how old your child is
For anto convulasants it is best u meet a neurologist
Have a healthy living
Answered: Thu, 25 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
If is febrile convulsion Diazepam is the drug of choice which is usually given intra-rectally. This should be advised by the Doctor as dose for his age matters. Consult Paediatrician in this regard. As soon as child develops fever, use wet cloth to reduce body temperature as these convulsions appear because of sudden rise in temperature. You can also give Paracetamol syrup according to dose for weight to reduce fever as well.
Answered: Thu, 25 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor