Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

What would you do if saw you someone having a heart attack ?

what would you do if saw you someone having a heart attack ?
Asked On : Fri, 18 Dec 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  240
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
To begin you don't do CPR for unconscious unresponsive only, they must be pulseless for CPR. If you aren't trained then don't do it, you can seriously lacerate and damage the liver. Giving aspirin is OK but what if they already take anticoagulants?? You need to ask first. Assisting with nitro is OK if the patient is able to fully cooperate and has no potential to choke. Meantime an AED is OK but is only use full if the patient is unresponsive and it will only treat certain cardiac rhythms, it does not treat heart attack only a narrow number of abnormal rhythms. Your best untrained action is to call for an ambulance, 911 won't always work, we don't have 911 in our area for example, keep the patient calm and monitor until qualified help arrives. EMT Paramedic
Answered: Fri, 18 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor