What would happen if the heart failed ?

This is a question on my grade eight science test. I am going to be asked to explain in detail what would happen to your body if the heart failed. A simple : You will die will NOT do. I need the answer in detail so I can learn and study .
Wed, 16 Dec 2009
's  Response
Your body would have no way to distribute oxygen and nutrients to your bodies cells. Also no way to remove waste. Cells would die off one by one. Your brain couldn't function so autonomic nerve functions like breathing and digestion would stop. It would cause all systems of the body to fail and of course death. Hope that helps!