What would cause corpuscular hemoglobin concentration to be lower than normal?

Hi. I did a full blood count test and my Mean corpusc Hb conc is 317.000g/L whereas it should be between 320 and 360g/L. I had anaemia when I was younger and am wondering if I still have it. My red blood cells count is also on 4.830 10*12L whereas it should be between 3.8 and 4.8 10*12L. Very slightly elevated but would like to know what that means and if it can get worse. Many thanks.
Mon, 11 Feb 2019
Neurologist 's  Response

If those are the only two values which are outside of the norm in your test then there is nothing you need to worry about. Individual values may be affected by many factors such as hydration, lipid concentration or even laboratory machines. So values are never interpreted individually, but in combination. Those values are both very slightly out of the norm and if the rest is normal they do not signify much. MCHC is not used to make diagnosis of anemia but to differentiate different types of anemia from each other, in the absence of actual anemia it doesn't have any significance (since indicators of anemia such as hemoglobin Hb, hematocrit, HCT, and RBC are normal or even high in the case of RBC). So from the provided information no condition is to be suspected, nothing to fear getting worse in the future.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Olsi Taka