Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

What type of vaginal infection do I have and how can it be treated ?

Hello. I am 25 yrs old. For 6 months I have pretty much had constant vaginal bleeding/spotting or heavy vaginal discharge . I still have my period when I am supposed to. I have been to my doctor and he stated I have a bacterial infection. I have tried to treat it with cleocin, metronidazole gel, and tindamax. Could this be something else besides a bacteria infection?
Asked On : Fri, 25 Mar 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  118
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic forum.
If you are having a constant vaginal spotting then it is more likely to be a hormonal or uterine problem rather than vaginal infection. First you go for an ultrasound scan to rule out any fibroid in uterus then go for hormonal tests.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
Answered: Fri, 25 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor