Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

What type of food supplement is advised in sore throat and cough ?

my 12 yr old trains for football 4 nights and has game on Sat he doesnlike fruit and sometimes picks at food he is very susceptable to sore throats and coughs What kind of vitamin or food supplement should I give him My 12 year old son trains heavily for football. sometomes picks at food and doesn t make a neffort toeat healthily however hard itry! He is very susceptable to coughs and sore throats . What kind of vitamin or food supplement should I give him? He is painfully thin
Asked On : Wed, 16 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  72
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.
if your child has adeqaute weight for his age & is growing normally as per his age norms, dont worry about anything else. there may be many health drinks but its wise not to use them. normal diet at home including lot of fruits, water, vegetables etc will be of great help only.
Answered: Thu, 17 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic Forum
FOr recurrent infections he can be given homeopathic treatment.
For growing boy, who is into sports, the demand for energy (carbohydrates ) , proteins and vitamins all are increased.
Milk and dairy products, eggs, chicken, nuts, all fruits and vegetables are to be given.
If he doesnt listen to you, may be he will listen to a nutritionist/ doctor.
Answered: Thu, 17 Mar 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor