Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

What type of food should I give to my child after completing 4 months ?

My child is going to get complete 4 months next week. My doctor asked me to start other foods apart from the breast milk. My mother is telling to start ragi, my friend is telling to start cerelac, i do not know what to give him, can i give him fruit juices, will he catch cold. What are the other foods i can give me. Is it required me to breast feed even after starting the other foods
Asked On : Sat, 10 Oct 2009
Answers:  5 Views:  500
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
  User's Response

my son turned 5-month old. I had started with hand made juice: one pomegranate in the monring and one apple in the evening. you can add him half spoon sugar in it. don't ever breasfeed him atleast for 30-45 minutes immediately after u give him juice. he's taking breastfeeding at every 1-5-2 hrs interval. i've not started any semisolids or any other tonic other than these two. my son's growth is very normal and he did not catch serious cold so far.

Answered: Mon, 26 Oct 2009
  User's Response
The breast milk should be gradually weaned off after starting the solid diet. The time taken depends on baby to baby, the best person is the mother who ca knows the way to wean off the milk
Answered: Sat, 28 Nov 2009
  User's Response
Guys, I have already told about transition phase of diet for children. Read more here
Answered: Wed, 4 Nov 2009
  User's Response
Interesting article, but it has not mentioned the list of finger foods that can be started. Can any one list me out the finger foods during weaning.
Answered: Sun, 11 Oct 2009
  User's Response
Guys, I have already told about transition phase of diet for children. Read more here
Answered: Thu, 22 Oct 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor