Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

What type of eye infection do I have ? How can I treat it ?

Im 56 female, have a knee and both jaws replaced with metal and ribs due to Athritis. I have a watery eye that comes on every 2-3 weeks it just clears up for a couple of days or so then starts again, I have drops from the doctor who says it s dry eye but it gets so red and sore and often have a headache with it, it s really getting me down now.
Asked On : Fri, 10 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  122
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Dear madam,
Arthritis and uveitis is well known, the symptoms narrated by you are or can be associated with uveitis. The best thing would be you should visit your ophthalmologist n discuss the same , if still he is not able to pick up then you warrant a visit when you have red eyes
Answered: Sat, 11 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
Hi,thanks for query.It seems that you have some allergic problem.When ever the allergen strikes you have the problem and then it goes off.Please try to look for this,you will definitely fine one.This is absolutely not serious and you need to worry about it.Wash your eyes couple of times with cold water,blink often and you will be fine.bye.
Answered: Fri, 10 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor