Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

What type of exercises should a teenager do to get rid of obesity ?

I am a girl. My age is 12 year and my weight is 50 kg .I am very much obese. i do many exercises but I am not able to reduce my fat please tell me how can I reduce my fat?
Asked On : Thu, 26 May 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  73
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Good day
Eliminate the junk food from your fiet first. No sodas/colas, burgers, french fries, sweets, candy, fried stuff like chips. Eat plenty of well washed fresh fruits and vegetables everyday. Drink plenty of water. Do brisk walking for 40 minutes everyday. In 2-3 months you should become fit. Try it.
Answered: Sun, 5 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
OBGYN Dr. Reji. D's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic forum
if you have writen your ht then ican calculate your BMI(body mass index)."overweight" and "obesity" are based on BMI values. A BMI of between 25 and 30 is defined as overweight, and a BMI of 30 or more is considered obese. The higher your BMI, the greater your risk of developing a weight-related illness, such as type 2 diabetes or heart diseases in future .but dont worry think you are only overwt so you can reduce it by proper exercise,yoga and some sensible dieting with the help of a dietician.all the best

Answered: Thu, 26 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor