Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

What type of diet should be maintained for gout attacks ?

i m 40 year man @ m suffering from high uric acid level + gout attacks & i hav been loosing protiens in urine frm last 1 year..i hav been taking medicine bt its of no use.plz suggest me some good diet accordingly so dat i lower / maintain all my problems....
Asked On : Tue, 5 Apr 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  172
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dear Gout patient,
Do you also have high blood pressure or sugar? That may be the reason for passing proteins in the urine. If so, then correcting those illnesses would control your proteinuria. Gout is due to accumulation of uric acid especially in the joints. To decrease that newer medicines like febuxostat is now available apart from allopurinol (zyloric). Also having a bland, non spicy diet with a lot of fluid intake will give you freedom from pain. Stop alcohol intake if any and have more of fiber rich foods like salads and sprouts.
Till then you can use a painkiller like naproxen 500 mg twice daily.
Answered: Sat, 9 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor