Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

What type of diet should be maintained during pregnancy ?

My wife is NOT a diabetic, she is 30 year old and 34 week pregnant , it s our second child on the way, yesterday her fasting glucose test result was 111 and post breakfast it was 173, last few weeks she was having lots of mango and rice, seems it s because of that level has gone high, what should be her diet plan in coming days, she didn t had any problem in first delivery, do we need to consult with diabetic doctor?
Asked On : Sun, 19 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  102
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
111/173 is quite border line. it should not increase any more .if u wont to visit diabetics doctor then u r most welcome,but in this condition proper restricted diet,recomanded yoga,etc can help u to improve her health.second thing is u have not much more time to go ,just u have to wait approx. 3 weeks.go for non medicated procegures,after delivery,also u should watch her.
Answered: Sun, 19 Jun 2011
  User's Response
This can be an occurrence in some women and there is no need to panic, however you should contact your obstetrician who would perhaps refer you to a physician.

High blood sugar levels can occur in some stressful situations and in Pregnancy its called pregnancy induced. Our bodies have what is called a sympathetic system which helps us in times of stress by raising our heart rate, blood pressure and blood sugar so that we are "equipped to fight the stress."

Sometimes this goes overboard and such a situation arises in pregnancy. While all pregnancy induced hyperglycemia may NOT indicate future development of diabetes it is wise to keep a watch on blood sugar levels periodically and esp in future pregnancies.

It would be advisable to talk to your obstetrician who will be surely able to get a physician's consultation for you. Watch your diet, exercise regularly as advised by your obstetrician and do not worry (worry is a stress and will further raise blood sugar levels). Remember in medical matters - talk freely to "YOUR" qualified treating doctor who knows all the details of your case because what can be given on such forums is only generic advice. Each one of us is unique and only your regular doctor would know all the relevant details about you and be able to give the most appropriate advice. Stay happy because you are blessed with the most precious gift all - the ability to create life and nurture it.
Answered: Mon, 20 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor