Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

What type of diet and exercise plan should be taken to gain weight and get a good look?

Hi, I am 22 Year Old Male, Height: 5'11", With Weight Around 50Kg, I look Very Thin, I Want To Gain Some Weight, To Get a Good Look & Physique, I Heard About Endura Mass, Will it Be Safe For Me To Take Endura Mass as a Supplement? I do not work out. I have a regular sleep rhythm. My breakfast consists of only a glass of milk with hot chocolate. On an average lunch includes of 3-4 chapatis, vegetable, dal and rice. Later in snacks might have a few biscuits. Dinner I’m not usually hungry, I tend to have a little lesser than what i have for lunch in dinner time. I do not smoke or drink. I am 100% Vegetarian. Please Help Me With a Detailed Diet & Excercise Plan For Me.
Asked On : Mon, 1 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  65
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

The first thing to do MUST be to see an internist (medical doctor). Have a physical examination and investigations (basically blood test) to rule out any cause that can be responsible - like thyroid, sugar and so on.
If nothing is found - which is highly probable - then see a nutrition specialist (Dietician). Several sittings may be required to be well acquainted.
Weight is like bank account. The account grows when you withdraw less (Cut down unnecessary physical work) and you deposit more (eat more).

So for short term, eat AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE / AS OFTEN AS POSSIBLE . HIGH CALORIE food / Sweets and snacks in between. Fatty foods add lot of calorie - one gram of fat (oil) has 8 calorie compared to Carbohydrate having only 4 calories. Sweets have lot of ghee and sugar.
Supplement with a multi-vitamin pill once a day
THIS HOWEVER IS BAD IN THE LONG TERM / ESPECIALLY WITH INCREASING AGE / THEY INCREASE CHOLESTEROL and so on. Beware. For a short time and in young age, to indulge like this may be excused...
Have you heard of 'flour laddu'? - it is commonly given in parts of South India for the children to put on weight. Finely ground channa dhal (protein) / finely powdered sugar (carbohydrate) / made into balls by adding ghee (fat). Keep the powders ready / make a few daily / eat several of them, several times in a day!

Don't worry. You WILL gain. A time may come, when you may be overweight and start looking for ways to reduce!

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Wed, 1 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Dietitian & Nutritionist Priyanka Dogra's  Response
You may start your day with a glass of fruit shake.
Then for breakfast have sandwich/parantha/lassi/upma/poha/dalia etc.
During mid-morning have 2 bananas.
For lunch you may continue eating regular food that you are eating.
In the evening again gave fruit shake.
You may have a glass of juice along with lunch and dinner. Eat dinner similar to lunch.
Have a cup of milk before sleeping.
As far as supplements are concerned, I don't recommend any. Though, whey protein supplements are better than their counter parts.
Hope this diet benefits you.
Good luck.
Answered: Mon, 1 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor