Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

What treatment would be appropriate for my son who walks on his toes of one leg and which doctor can we consult in Punjab ?

my baby whowasborn premature atstarting of 8th month, his weight was1600gmatbirth he is now 2year and8mths he hassome squint in eyes and he is not walkingproperly he walkontoe with his left leg and cannot walk on stairsbecause of unbalance other wise heis very active we take him for physiotherapy he is very sensitive what type of treatment he should given and suggest some good doctor in ludhiana[punjab] or chandigarh
Asked On : Tue, 5 Jul 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  73
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
Hi Neeti
Welcome to HCM
Read your prob, it seems your child has been suffering from upper motor neuron dysfuction. physiothrapy is the mainstay of treatment. you can use botox, as it reduse spsticity of muscles n shorting of muscles in case of uppre motor neuron dysfunction. it increse the leanght of muscles also. it should be use with physiotharapy n after consuslt your treating doc.
Answered: Tue, 5 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor