Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

What treatment u suggest for scar removal?

Hello doctor, iam 28 year women having scar on my forehead since 3 years. I would like to get it removed. What treatment u suggest for scar removal?
Asked On : Sat, 2 Jan 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  2339
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
  User's Response
There are two types of scars hypertrophic and keloids. Treatment for scar removal includes use of topical retinoids that are derivatives of Vitamin A. They can be used in the treatment of keloid or hypertrophic scarring. The results from this treatment are generally not dramatic though. Corticosteroid creams and injections are a common treatment modality for keloid scarring. Although, they do not make keloids disappear, they can help to flatten and provide symptomatic relief. A series of injections is usually required to gain the maximal effect ? usually at 2 ? 3 week intervals. Surgical excision of a keloid scar can cause production of a larger keloid scar at times. Combining surgery with corticosteroid injections and external pressure can help reduce the recurrence rate. Surgery is generally not the treatment of choice with keloid scars. Laser treatment can be used to help reduce the appearance of pigmented hypertrophic or keloid scars. This can be used in conjunction with corticosteroid injections. The Cosmetologist near your locality would be right person to determine the exact plan after physical examination.
Answered: Mon, 11 Jan 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor