Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
133 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

What treatment to be taken for hard knocks and twitching under right rib cage?

I work up this morning with hard knocks , twitching under my right rib cage. Almost like the feeling of when I was pregnant and baby was kicking, just not in that area. It stops for a couple minutes and starts up again. I did have a heavy workout yesterday and was wondering if it s a muscle spasm. There is no pain just strong knocking. What can it be?
Fri, 23 May 2014
Report Abuse
General Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for your query and an elucidate history.
Very true .
This looks to be muscle twitching as there is no other medical or surgical condition that mimic this sort of symptoms.
I think you better check you serum ( blood ) electrolyte.
Over exhaustion can give rise to this problem.
A very rare problem of overacting motor nerve due to irritation in the spinal level can cause this. Only MRI can diagnose in a few patients about this.

Take plenty of oral fluid , take rest and may be your problem is solved.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I have a hard almost sausage shaped lump that is under my bottom right rib, and starts just at the side of my abdomen (4 inches off centre) and...