Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

What treatment should one take for swelling on the foot post an accident ?

Hi, lastnight a heavy piece of wood fell on my bare foot . It instantly bruised, swelled up and started bleeding . I iced it and keppt it up over night. I can move my toes but it is a lot of pain . I m not thinking it is broken but maybe fractured.. Should I go see my doctor?
Asked On : Sat, 4 Feb 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  51
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hello,if you can move your toes, it is unlikely to be a major fracture. Nevertheless, a preliminary X-ray is mandatory. You have given a good first aid in the form of cold compress, but probably, there could be some hematoma which needs to be taken care of. Please use cold compress more often till you visit your doctor.And, you should do that at the earliest, as feet and ankles in conditions of injury need rapid immobilization.
Answered: Sat, 4 Feb 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor