Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

What treatment should one take for recurring candidiasis ?

hello,I am 32yrs female(divorced),In 2010 my gynecologist did a physical examination for vaginal infection and told its candidiasis and prescribed me ONABET V1 (2 tablets ) to insert in vagina for two consecutive nights and GOCAN 150mg ((4 tablets to be take once in every week) ,but i didn,t complete the course and infection kept growing so again in feb 2012 i consulted one more doctor and she prescribed me flagyl 400mg + ofloaxcin 200mg + capsule nutrolin B for 5 days ..but still i feel the infection is still not cured ,please guide me what test should be taken or shall i continue the dose again for 5 days or will you please prescribe me some tablets ..please kindly help me out.
Asked On : Mon, 19 Mar 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  142
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
Go for vaginal swab test for organisms and culture sensitivity test.
After report go for treatment accordingly.
You might have bacterial vaginosis or vaginitis.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Mon, 19 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
After well studying for of your history of complaints/symptoms for ClitVulvoVaginal part's condition as reported by your gynecologist. I am of the expert opinion that since your marital status is "DIVORCED”, so your problems may not be rooted out so easily as your problems are stress related too. You are been well advised to practice pelvic floor muscles’ toning exercises and not to take more antibiotics as they have ill effects on our body. Take plenty of fluid and maintain hygiene by washing the affected part with cold water. Again if problems persist then you may try homeopathy and I am sure you will be alright.
Answered: Tue, 20 Mar 2012
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor