Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

What treatment should one take for mycobacterium tuberculosis complex trying to conceive ?

Hello, last year in March I had a miscarriage due to chocolate cyst in both the ovaries. I got operated. After 6 months I tried to conceive but no result. We tried for months to conceive but couldnt. Today I got a report done of PC r wich is positive and shows Mycobaterium Tuberculosis complex. What treatment is suggested for this, how many months and will I be able to concieve soon? Plz help.
Asked On : Tue, 3 Apr 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  314
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for writing in.
You seem to be suffering from tuberculosis which has affected your reproductive organs ( like the uterus, fallopian tubes ). This is usually treated with anti-tubercular drugs like isoniazid, rifampicin, pyrizinamide and ethambutol. The treatment is given for 6-12 months (depending upon the response) and treatment must be taken regularly without fail. However, I would like to inform you that if this bacterium has infected your fallopian tubes, then the damage is irreversible and your only option is In vitro fertilization. However, treatment must be started and completed to prevent the disease from progressing.
I wish you the very best.
Answered: Tue, 3 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
OBGYN Dr. Swaran's  Response
Hi you will have to undergo treatment for koch, will have to take med. for 9 mths.
whether you will conceive or not.that is dependent upon your fallopian tubes .
Fallopians are damaged and conception is not possible .you can try IVF after your treatment.
Answered: Tue, 3 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor