Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

What treatment should one take for inflamed eyelid due to welding exposure ?

Hello doc! I m Princess Dela Fuente,23 years old,a registered nurse from the Philippines. I d like to ask a question.. What is the treatment for the inflamed eyelid due to welding exposure? Although the swelling is minor.. I would like to know what first aid treatment and medication am I going to give? Thanks a lot Doc!
Asked On : Mon, 30 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  271
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
First make the patient comfortable by applying a drop of paracaine eye drops in both eyes and wash them thoroughly with distilled water or normal saline to remove the fine remnants (iron particles) if any.

Ideally you should examine under the slit lamp microscope to know the condition of the cornea. If facilities are not available then treat them with preservative free lubricant eye drops every two hrly and a mild antibiotic like ofloxacin drops 6 times a day and a good lubricant gel at bed time and refer them to the nearest ophthalmologist.
A dark glasses will be helpful to overcome the photophobia.
And a dose of paracetamol or ibuprofen for pain.
I think with these the person should be comfortable until seen by an eye doctor for further management.
Hope this helps.

Answered: Mon, 30 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor