Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

What treatment should one take for epilepsy ?

hi, my father is 57year old & he diagnosed with epilepsy . can anyone provide me proper guidance for this disease
Asked On : Sat, 25 Feb 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  106
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Neurologist 's  Response

Thanks for using healthcare

If your father is diagnosed to be suffering from epilepsy he requires medications to control epilepsy and prevent further damage to the brain. Variety of medications are available for treatment of epilepsy. One can choose these medicines depending on the other co-morbidites in your father. Consult your Neurologist for initiation of the medications.


Dr Shiva Kumar R
Consultant Neurologist & Epileptologist
Answered: Tue, 10 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Veera Raghava Rao Buddha.'s  Response
Hi moni welcome to H.C.M.Forum. at this age epilepsy started means it is secondary to hyper tension, or head injury. if 1 of the two he must be treated for the underlying cause also. if not the drugs should be used continuously for 3 years. for welbeing he should use fruits, and juices. avoid anti histamines, fluro quinolones, and other central stimulant drugs. thank you.
Answered: Sat, 25 Feb 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor