Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

What treatment should one take for carcinoma in the nasal cavity and what is the recovery time ?

dear doctor , my friend has nasal blockage for last 6 months. and he had done endoscopy and the biospy report was malignant tumour . the features are poorly differentiated carcinoma . how long will take to recover from this? what is the treatment?
Asked On : Sat, 25 Jun 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  59
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hi Sheeba.
Your friend has Nasal Carcinoma.

He will require a CT scan of the Nasal Sinuses and Facial bones to see the extent of involvement of the underlying structures.

The definitive treatment will be surgical excision of the involved structure.
Post operatively, chemotherapy and or radiotherapy will be required as indicated.

Whether it can be cured or not depends on the stage of the Tumour. If its early stage and not spread to surrounding structures, it can be controlled to a large extent.

Hope this answers your query

Dr Kiran
Answered: Sat, 25 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor