Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

What treatment should one having PCOS and having flow for months take and what could be reason ?

I was diagnosed with PCOS 10+ years ago. I had laparoscopic surgery when I was much younger, then placed on Lupron and my periods were regulated for 8 or 9 years. I had a suspected miscarriage last summer (16 months ago) - and ever since then, my periods have lasted 30+ days each. Right now, I ve been bleeding normal flow for 43-44 days. I have been to a repro-endo 4 times during this period, each time having blood work, exams and ultrasounds. Always they find a simple cyst and my hormone levels in line with PCOS patients. I can t deal with this much longer - what else can I request to be tested for to find an answer to the problem or begin to find a solution?
Asked On : Mon, 20 Dec 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  52
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response

Thanks for writing to us.

The prolonged bleeding episodes that you are having could be due to hormonal imbalances. Monitoring serum progesterone levels and FSH levels might help. You can also ask your gynecologist to put you on hormonal pills for regularizing these cycles and then try for ovulation induction.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.


Dr. Praveen Tayal

Answered: Fri, 14 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor