Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

What treatment should my mother take for severe knee pain?

my mother is 45 yrs old and she is severe pain in her joints and she has gap in her knee joint . what precautions she should take and what is the cure?
Asked On : Sat, 23 Jul 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  295
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
She could be having osteoarthritis which becomes worse with being overweight as well. She needs to reduce excess walking or joint movement which will aggravate the pain. She can take pain killer like Paracetamol for some relief for now. She needs to reduce fatty food, junk food, much rice, in her diet and eat more of fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables daily. She has to drink lot of water as well. She needs to be shown to Orthopaedician for proper checkup and X-rays. Pain killer muscle relaxants ill help her get relief and also physiotherapy will help.
Answered: Sat, 23 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
thank you for such a nice advice. which type of exercises can be helpful for her? she has already consulted the orthopaedician and she is taken all type of medication but there is no relief.
Answered: Mon, 25 Jul 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor