Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

What treatment should my father take for pain in the gums ?

my father got a problem in his gums .his gums starts decaying,but not affecting his teeth.he has bit pain in gums my father is about 50yr.he got problems in his gums.something like inflation.he feel like it starts getting decay.the problem he is facing oly with his gums,no prob with teeth.after every meal he brushes.he has taken some antibiotics but it doesnt work much.
Asked On : Wed, 17 Aug 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  89
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dentist 's  Response
Your father could be suffering from Gingivitis/Periodontitis. Brushing is not enough for this problem. A scaling of teeth should be done and if required a periodontal flap surgery is required to remove the calculus and deposits below the gums of the teeth. You have not mentioned if your father is suffering from any systemic problems.
Answered: Thu, 18 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for query,
Your father might have gingivitis or tartered teeth or starting of pyorrhea.
If having tarter goes into gingiva causing infection.
Consult dentist and find out the reason and go for treatment accordingly.
Keep oral hygiene proper,do regular gargling every time after taking any thing orally.
Quit tobacco or smoking if he has habit.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Thu, 18 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor