Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

What treatment should i take to increase the amniotic fluid during Pregnancy ?

Hai this is USHA .I am 37 years old and my height is 1.53cmsand weight is 60 kgs. I got married in 2002. From there i had three miscarriages. But the reason we do not know. This time my lab reports are good. I have a fibroid uterus.( intrauterine). Now i am carrying and now iam 20 weeks pregnant . Iam taking duphastone twice a day, calcium twice a day, folic acid, vitamin e, Asperin 100mg, pregnaplan. This week i went to my doctor he said the amniotic fluid is on lesser side.But i feel the baby movements often.Is this is leads to any Complications in future. Suggest me what to do? What should i do to increase the fluid?Thank u Best Regards U GANDHI
Asked On : Fri, 1 Jul 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  405
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for query.
You can not increase amniotic fluid,
Take plenty of water.
Remain in contact with your obst. and repeated ultrasound will give you amniotic fluid measurement.
It should not go below 5-6.
see for fetal distress signs.
ok and bye.
Answered: Fri, 1 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Mohammed Tauseef's  Response
Hi Usha, Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.

Your history suggests you have Oligohydramnios, it is a cause of concern, as Amniotic fluid provides a cushion that protects your baby from injury and allows room for growth, movement and development.

Since you are perceiving fetal movements, there should be nothing to be concerned about, but you should be drinking Plenty of water. Get adequate rest and avoid stress. Go for regular follow up, your doctor may do follow up Ultrasound scans to know the amount of amniotic fluid. Speak to your Doctor as she will carefully monitor your pregnancy to help prevent any complications.

If it doesn't help, Your doctor may infuse saline into the amniotic sac and if the baby's heart rate is falling the baby will be delivered through cesarean section. Your treating doctor will know better.

Wish you Good Health.

Take Care.
Answered: Fri, 1 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor