Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

What treatment should i take in low density of lipoprotein ?

My mother s age is 43 and her cholesterol lebel is 191 mg/dl , triglycerides is 234 mg/dl, cholesterol HDL is 38 mg/dl , cholesterol LDL is 106 mg/dl , CHOL/HDI ratio is 5.0 , LDL/HDL ratio is 2.8 , very low density Lipoprotein is 46.8 mg/dl. Please suggest what should she do?
Asked On : Fri, 17 Jun 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  161
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Good Day
She needs to stop eating food made of ghee, vanaspati. Stop eating junk food. No samosas, indian sweets, pakoras etc. She should eat fresh fruits and vegetables, more green leafy vegetables as they help to reduce cholesterol. Also she can eat oats, pulses, cereals. She needs to avoid eggs for a while. She can eat fish. Drink plenty of water. She needs to exercise for atleast 40 minutes everyday by brisk walking. She may try this for 2-3 months and get the levels rechecked. But I suggest you ask her to start doing this and also meet the Doctor who may put her on medicines to reduce cholesterol as well.
Answered: Fri, 17 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor