Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

What treatment should i take for jaw blocked due to tobacco pan ?

hi i had tobacco pan habit and i think my jaw is blocked to some extend.what would be the best medicine to get it normal?i mean to say i cant open it wide.hope u would help me with this
Asked On : Tue, 2 Aug 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  177
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
hi,thanks for query.Due to chewing of tobacco the skin inside the mouth becomes dry and leads to fibrosis,so that you have difficulty in opening of mouth.Please visit your doctor first and get your self examined for this.At times you may need further examination in form of biopsy to determine the problem.Practice inflating balloon and some mouth opening exercise can help.
please stop chewing tobacco now.
Answered: Tue, 2 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for query,
You have developed sub mucous fibrosis.
It is very difficult to treat this condition.
Do daily exercise of wide opening of mouth,try to open as much as you can,daily do this exercise 10 mnt in the morning and evening.
Do feel fresh gargle.Quit pan,tobacco.
Local inj. of hydrocortizone is given but result is doubtful.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Tue, 2 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
ENT Specialist Dr. Patel Jitendra's  Response
Because of your Tobacco pan chewing habit, skin ( mucosa) of your oral cavity may be became fibrosed. This condition is called Submucosal fibrosis. This is an irreversible process, so it can not be treated by any medicine. Only way to open your mouth is surgery. You can consult either an ENT specialist or a Plastic surgeon who can do this surgery and you will open your mouth normally. Stop tobacco. Have a nice day!
Answered: Wed, 3 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor