Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
139 Doctors are Online

What treatment should i take for high blood ESR ?

HI, This query is related to my brother aged 49yrs, whose esr is 78 and all other blood reports are within range, he has also lost weight about 9kgs in past three months.
Asked On : Sat, 25 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  295
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
welcome to HCM
read your prob, high ESR indicate any type of chronic dieases l
as you mention about his weight loss , most commonly this is due to tubercolosis.
so you have to rule out it. you should get mountex test, HIV1 HIV 2.
discuss it with your treating doc n start proper treatment.
DR aseem saraswat 09982583020
Answered: Sat, 25 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Radiologist Dr. Radha Narayanan's  Response
Welcome to a chest xray been done?PPD testing,Renal profile,Liver function tests,urine analysis,Serum and urine protein electrophoresis,occult stool blood,High esr alone is not diagnostic of any disease except polymyalgia and temporal arteritis both of which are highly symptomatic.Please provide if any other test is done.else you can do the above.
Answered: Sat, 25 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor