Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

What treatment should i take for Stomach ulcer for the past 8 years ?

I am a 26 year old lady and have been suffering from stomach ulcer for the past 8 years.I tried so many medication and even tried injections, i dont get better and they work for a short period.Im worried because now started to feel as if its swollen in the stomach and also feeling pains especially when I eat after swallowing food.I ve lost food appetite but i always force myself to eat to avoid hunger.Are the any chances of getting Cancer from Ulcer?Can it be cured?What treatment can i take?
Asked On : Mon, 18 Jul 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  136
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Thanks for posting your query.

Since you did not find relief with medicines you can go for surgical management.

There are many surgical procedures for gastric ulcers.

Chances of ulcer transforming to cancer are there though rare.

Consult a general surgeon, he is the right person.

You can also directly consult a surgical gastroenterologist.

Hope I have answered your query.

Wishing you good health.


Answered: Mon, 18 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor