Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

What treatment should have done for epilepsy and autism ?

my son is 6 yrs old, he is suffering from epilepsy fits myoclonic jerks, and now he is become quiet hyperactive, and some symptoms of autism ,what shall i do, visit for any autism centres or consult any docotor or both or some body else.
Asked On : Thu, 10 Feb 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  154
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
hello Mr Jain, you have not mentioned what medicine he is on for myoclonic jerks because some medicines cause hyperactivity so please consult a paediatric neurologist who will advise you. this is better than going to autism centres directly as the neurologist will evaluate your child and diagnose if he has autism and he will treat him accordingly and also refer you to the appropriate training centre.
Answered: Fri, 11 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor