Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

What treatment should be taken to remove extra skin on penis ?

dear sir, my son is 7 year old,Height approx 95 cms he does not pass urine streightly & i seen some excess skin on the top of his penis. when he was 1 year old, he always cried when pass urine. we took him to doctor , doctor suggest very little operation. which he did. he said he opened the sides of the skin with a scissor, there was no bleeding . he said now piyush is fine. but extra skin is still there. we are so much worried about it. looked so many sites but dont have knowledge about this problem. please tell me can my son will be fine. ? where we should take him for this problem ? awaitng your urgent reply
Asked On : Tue, 28 Jun 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  469
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to HCM

Good Day
It's possibel he has phimosis or constriction of the skin in the penis area. If there are symptoms like pain, burning micturition he should get operated. You can visit the Urologist and request this option. Let him drink plenty of water and eat plenty of green leafy vegetables.
Answered: Tue, 28 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
General Surgeon Dr. Rajinder Bajoria's  Response
Thanks for your query.     
urinary stream is not straight is your baby main problem.first get him examined from surgeon to rule out mild hypospadias .
Start retracting his prepuce back after bath for 4-5 times daily ,it will work only if there is mild phimosis.opinion of surgeon is must for proper evaluation & treatment..
‘Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries, “Wish you Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery”
Answered: Tue, 28 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. Aseem's  Response
read ur querry
it seems to be phemosis that is very common problem. in this case, there are two types of surgery in this case.
1. complete circumcision: in this the skin attached to upper part of the penis is removed completely
2. in the second, which ur child had, the skin is loosened by forceps.
this is not choice of surgery in phemosis now a days.
so u should go for complete circumcision. after it ur child will be fine and not have any problem].
Dr. Aseem
Answered: Tue, 28 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor