Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
147 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

What treatment should be taken to increase sperm count ?

hi doctor , this is venkatesh from chennai, my sperm count is 10millenion,and motelity is there any chance to improve.what treatment i have to take..
Tue, 27 Dec 2011
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi Venkatesh,

Welcome to HCM.
First of all you will need to find out the cause for this low count and motility.
Consult an urologist who will have to do detailed examination and if necessary get a Colour Doppler Study done to rule out varicocele.
If varicocele is present then medical treatment will not be enough. You will need surgical correction of varicocele and that will improve the count and motility.
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Sumanth.P's  Response
Hello Venkatesh,

Thanks for your query.

39 million per ejaculate is the lower limit of sperm count.

Lower limit of motility is 50%.

Hope I have answered your query.

I will be available for your follow up queries if any.

Wishing you good health.

You visit a infertility specialist ,since it needs detailed evaluation.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

hi doctor, I understand there is some low sperm count in my semen, as want to get treatment for this. Initially I want to get the doctor...

Recent questions on  Infertility

doctor1 MD

Hi We are married for 5 years and facing the infertility problem. We have met doctor and doctor suggested my wife with Reprogon 150 IU injection in...

doctor1 MD

Dear Sir, its regarding male infertility, we have been trying for a baby since 2007, after three years of trying we both did a detailed check up...

doctor1 MD

hi, I want to know the side effects of AKT 4 tablet. Two for the past one week i have foot pain and sweeling also and my doctor advised me to take...

doctor1 MD

I am on Lisinopril. I was just wondering if it can cause infertility. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for six months now and still...

doctor1 MD

I get a lower back pain which is excrucitating right after my cycle ends.its remians for 4-5 days. And have to take painkillers.Its very...

doctor1 MD

My daughter, 30, no children has always had severe cramps and periods. Now, every two or three months, she almost passes out with pain, sweats...

doctor1 MD

hi doctor, i am 44 years old and my ivf is planned next month in XXXXXXX 2018. The Infertility specialist has suggested me to undergo Semen...