Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

What treatment should be taken for severe back pain ?

Hello my name is Madison I m 16 (female) and I ve gotten many x rays and an MRI . I ve suffered from extreme back pain for 2 years straight now. Pain every single day. So the doctors say I have lumbago . Well I ve taken Tylenol , Tylenol with codeine, ibuprofen, bayer, naproxen...pretty much everything. NOTHING helps at all not even muscle relaxers. Should I go to pain killers? I don t know what to do the pain is so extreme! I ve taken lortab before and that helped. What should I do?
Asked On : Sun, 15 May 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  62
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic
please consult orthopedic surgeon and get examined and x-rays done ,if needed m r i will be helpful
proper diagnosis will help better treatment
may be you are having some displacement of spine causing nerve root pressure and pain physio therapy traction may help or some surgical procedure may be required
Answered: Sun, 15 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor