Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

What treatment should be taken for prolactin in pregnancy ?

I have prolactin level 24 ng/ml should I have to get treatment for pergnance?
Asked On : Sat, 11 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  159
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Hyper prolactamia can result in infertility . you do not have it so, i don't thinnk you need treament for this perticular cause.(30 to 600 ng/ml is normal range in fertile age.)

Answered: Sat, 11 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Radiologist Dr. Pranav's  Response
Prolactin is a hormone that stimulates the mammary glands to produce milk. Its serum concentrations of prolactin during pregnancy cause enlargement of the mammary glands of the breasts and prepare for the production of milk.Generally the upper threshold of normal prolactin at 25 µg/L for women, and 20 µg/L for men. These levels also vary with the stage of the menstural cycle.

Your level is near the upper limit of the normal range & its not the cause of any concern.
Answered: Sat, 11 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor