Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

What treatment should be taken for one showing aggressive behavior at times and calmness otherwise ?

hi am a sister of the patient I hav came to know by noticing the behaviour of my brother that he might b suffering through depression ... he is too reckless and agressive .. calm for one moment and in very next second he juz burst out ..!! i want him to see a psyciatrist but don t know how to make him confront with the thoguth that he is depressed?? am really worried for him ...
Asked On : Mon, 5 Mar 2012
Answers:  3 Views:  51
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Psychiatrist 's  Response

Your Brother might be suffering from a psychotic illness.

He needs to take medication. How long this is going on on.

However I suggest him take medication. However he can take medications initially till controlled behaviour,

However he needs to answer a few of my questions like whether he hallucinates?

Is he depressed?

sleeps Pattern/

eating behaviour/

any drugs of abuse/

whether talking to self/

any precipitating factor his age/

is this first attack/

any medications given


family history

premorbid history are all necessary to come to a final diagnosis.

later an advice can be given.

an interview with a psychiatrist would be helpful.

or you can go online consultation, we are happy to interview him.

Answered: Fri, 9 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Psychiatrist Dr. B. P. Sinha's  Response
Do not keep him in dark, tell him straight that he needs a doctor to control his mood swing. If aggreed take him to your family Physician first and follow his advice.
Answered: Fri, 9 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Vikas Poddar's  Response

welcome to hcm

dear XXXXX

you can ask your brother that u need to take some tablets for your aggressive nature as it might affect your health badly. prepare him like this to meet a psychiatrist and consult him.

take care

Answered: Mon, 5 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor