Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

What treatment should be taken for continuous bleeding after taking abortion pills ?

took abortion pills and now my bleeding wont stop. its been going on for more than a month now -about 6-7 weeks Age: 23 female
Asked On : Wed, 16 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  137
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
General Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum
Abortion pills are not 100% effective ,some residual tissue remains some time known as retained product of conception.that causes continue bleeding .Consult gynecologist after getting ultrasound report .If required you can under go D&C.Disclaimer
Answered: Sun, 20 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Infertility Specialist Dr. Abhishek S. Parihar's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum
As your bleeding has not stopped,it suggests abortion pills have not worked completely and abortion is incomplete.Kindly get ultrasound of pelvis done.There may be retained products of conception which has to be removed.Visit your gynecologist for further management.Take care.
Answered: Wed, 16 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor